Medicare defines a person as homebound when that person requires a severe and/or taxing effort to leave home. If you are unsure of your homebound status, contact Standards Home Health and one of our nurses can help you over the phone.
YOU MAY NEED HOME HEALTH CARE IF YOU ARE HOMEBOUND AND ARE EXPERIENCING ANY OF THE FOLLOWING SITUATIONS…
- Require complex home treatments like wound care, enteral feedings, etc.
- There is a need for nursing, home health aide, social services or rehabilitation by a physical, occupational, or speech therapist.
- You have difficulty following your physician’s recommended treatment at home
- Have a need for further instruction on medications, diet, treatments, etc.
- Have a history of multiple hospital admissions and/or unstable medical history
- You have been “readmitted” for a diagnosis treated by hospitalization in the previous three months
- You were getting along “OK” before you went to the hospital but now are significantly less independent
- Have a potentially life threatening, severely incapacitating, or terminal diagnosis
- Have received a variety of skilled nursing and ancillary services up to the date of hospital discharge
- Have recently been diagnosed with these
- Have new or adjusted medications
- Experienced a recent decline in functional status
- You require medical evaluation and observation
- You have unstable problems such as blood pressure, blood sugars, pain control, etc.
- Are returning home from a stay at a rehab, skilled nursing facility or assisted living facility and need continued care
- Are a resident at an assisted living, retirement or continuing care facility and have skilled care needs
JUST CALL US AND WE’LL MAKE YOUR HEALTH OUR HIGHEST PRIORITY!
We will give you a free in-home consultation, evaluate your situation, personalize the services, and select members from our professional staff to meet your needs. Your personal caregiver will know what specifically needs to be done to ensure that we meet your requirements.