Standards Home Health is a quality, conscientious home health care provider and a leader in care delivery.
We offer in-home health services such as skilled nursing, personal health care assistance, physical therapy, occupational therapy, speech therapy, and care management to Kerrville, TX and surrounding areas. Using a home health care agency may be necessary for patients who have experienced illness, hospitalization or surgery requiring recovery, or who have new health care diagnoses that call for changes in daily lifestyle. Recovery or long term care in the familiar surroundings of home translates into a higher quality of life for our patients.
Family caregivers can become tired and stressed with the responsibilities of caring for an ill or ailing parent or spouse, jeopardizing their own health in the process. Our staff of nurses, and therapists provide extra help at home with such details as wound dressing, medicine application, and personal assistance with activities of daily living – when an injured, ill, or elderly family member is unable to attend to all of their own needs.
Many physicians are concerned that their instructions are not always followed correctly by patients, family members, or health care aides, increasing the risk of infection and readmission. Standards Home Health takes these concerns seriously.
We have achieved a less than 3.5% 30 day re-hospitalization rate compared to double digit rates in state and national statistics, by communicating with our patients’ health care providers, adapting our care to the needs of each patient, and focusing on the best possible outcome.
- Arrange Durable Medical Equipment (DME) and Oxygen
- Supervision of Medications
- Treatments and Injections
- Restorative Home Care
- Dressing Changes
- Foley, Supra-pubic and Catheter Maintenance/Changes
- Family/Patient Health Teaching and consulting
- Care of the Terminally Ill / Hospice Care
- Blood Draws and Lab Work
- Multilingual Staff: English & Spanish
- Specialized Nursing: Cardiac Rehab, Diabetes Management, Pain Management, Wound Care & Oncology
- Home Health Aide Services: We offer a very specific set of home health aide services to our patients
- Physical Therapy Services: General neuro / ortho assessments, balance gait training, muscle strengthening, joint replacement rehabilitation, range-of-motion assessment / treatment
- Occupational Therapy Services: General upper extremity assessment, transfer training, therapeutic & home exercise programs, perceptual motor training, muscle re-education, fine motor coordination training
- Speech Therapy Services: Screening, assessment & interpretation, diagnosis, rehabilitation, and prevention of speech and language disorders
- Social Work Services: Rehabilitative casework to support and restore patients to their optimal level of social health & medical regimen adjustment